How God and a Notebook Can WOW You
- Journal about a time you witnessed something remarkable in your life
- Did you feel it happened because of God?
- Journal about why you did or didn't think that that moment happened because of God.
- Write a short prayer to God and ask him to open your eyes to see where he is working in your day. Then, at the end of the week, journal about what you saw.
ACTIVITY TO REMIND YOU TO LOOK FOR JESUS IN YOUR DAY
Get a rock from your yard, a home improvement store, or a craft store.
With a sharpie or a marker, write down a word on the rock that you associate with God.
If your marker doesn’t show up on the rock, you can write it on a piece of masking tape that can be placed on the rock.
Place the rock somewhere that you will pass by it every day.
Let that rock be a reminder of God’s love for you. When you run across the rock, I hope you’ll remember that He is rooting for you and that you’ll know how much you are loved by him.
Scripture Mentioned in Episode
- Jeremiah 1:5 (NIV) “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.”
- Joshua 4: 20-23 And Joshua set up at Gilgal the twelve stones they had taken out of the Jordan. He said to the Israelites, “In the future when your descendants ask their parents, ‘What do these stones mean?’ tell them, ‘Israel crossed the Jordan on dry ground.’ For the Lord your God dried up the Jordan before you until you had crossed over. The Lord your God did to the Jordan what he had done to the Red Sea when he dried it up before us until we had crossed over.
- Genesis 9:11-16 (NIV) I establish my covenant with you: Never again will all life be destroyed by the waters of a flood; never again will there be a flood to destroy the earth.” And God said, “This is the sign of the covenant I am making between me and you and every living creature with you, a covenant for all generations to come: I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth. Whenever I bring clouds over the earth and the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will remember my covenant between me and you and all living creatures of every kind. Never again will the waters become a flood to destroy all life. Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth.”
Resource and Additional Articles on Topics
Short on Time? Save this to Pinterest for Later